Date: 1/31/18 9:32 am
From: David Sarkozi <david...>
Subject: [texbirds] Programs Available
I have some new programs available to give to groups. I'm open to
giving these programs most anywhere in Texas and even nearby states
(lets say a 250-400 mile limit for out of state). If your group would
like me to give a program direct message me or email me at
<david...> I know many groups map their programs out for a
year at a time. I can often give a program with a fairly short notice
since these programs are ready to go so I can fill if you have a
cancellation.

A Great State of Texas Big Year - A Travelog of 45,000 miles of
birding and 504 species of birds in 2017 in Texas.

The Dirty Dozen - The twelve hardest non-review species in Texas and
some thoughts on how to find them.

Underdevelopment:

What's in a Name: Inaccessible Island Rail and other birds with Unusual Names

Other programs:

One of a Kind - Monotypic families are those families of birds
represented by only a single species. By definition these birds are
some of the most unique and exotic species in the world. There is
something compelling about a bird that doesn’t fit into a group with
others, that is alone in a way, that is evolutionary district. Find
out how many of the 34 Monotypic Families you have seen!

Allow Me to Get Technical - Don't be scared, using eBird and getting
the most out it and the BirdEye app isn't a technical nightmare. Learn
what eBird has for you and how to get more out of birding by using it.

A Bird in the Hand - Smart Phone Apps for the Birder
Smart phones have changed our lives and they are having a big impact
on birding too. This program is an overview of the data collecting,
field guides, sound collections, and site guides available for
birders. Continually updated.

Birds of Belize - About the size of Massachusetts Belize is Central
America's only English speaking country. With an impressive list of
590 species of birds recorded for Belize this small country punches
way above its weight.

--
David Sarkozi
Houston, TX