Date: 1/31/18 5:48 am
From: <maliadances...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] (4) Greater White-fronted Geese - Bedwell Bayfornt Park 1/30
Hi Folks,

Today I followed up on Pen-bird and eBird reports for the (4) Greater White-fronted Geese at Bedwell Bayfront Park in Menlo Park. They were there and pretty easy to approach for good views. They were in with a group of about (60) Canada Geese. As you turn into the park, I parked in the first parking area by the little red pump house/shack. I hiked a trail on the first hill to my left and dropped down onto a trail that leads to and through the "meadow area". From the top of the hill I could see the goose flock in the grassy area.

Here is my checklist with some photos of the geese.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S42373957 https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S42373957

To my knowledge, these birds were first reported on eBird by Russ Bright in mid January, so a good chance they may stay for a bit.

Also in my checklist you can click on the upper (map) or (hotspot) link - in blue - if you have never been to the park before to get an idea of where it is and how to get there.

Happy Goose Searching,
Malia DeFelice

Join us on Facebook!