Date: 1/31/18 2:22 am
From: Leslie Flint <lflint...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Eurasian Green-winged Teal - two found at Belmont Slough
Hi all,

Today I went over to Belmont Slough to see if I could see the Eurasian Green-winged Teal (EGWT) reported by Don and Alvaro. I parked at the Redwood Shores Library and walked along the levee. The tide was going out. Almost immediately I spotted the EGWT with a group of very noisy Green-winged Teal (GWTE). I took photos and continued to walk along the levee. Right where the side slough meets the main Belmont Slough, there was another EGWT! I took more photos. For a moment I thought perhaps the first bird had flown ahead of me and there really weren’t 2 birds; so I walked back but couldn’t find the first bird - alas I thought I had been fooled. I again walked back toward the north and saw a EGWT on the mud on the Foster City side of Belmont Slough. On the way back to my car, there was the other EGWT, still near the library. You can see photos of both birds on my eBird checklist. http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S42312129

Leslie Flint
San Mateo

Posted by: Leslie Flint <lflint...>

<*> Your email settings: