Date: 1/30/18 9:24 pm
From: <david.harrison...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Snowy Owl at Schenectady County Airport
This afternoon, after about 15 tries since late November, my brother Michael and I saw a Snowy Owl at Schenectady County Airport. The bird was seen late in the day and was initially across the airport perched in the Air National Guard section. Over the next 45 minutes or so, it made several short flights and eventually made its way onto the public part of the airport, landing on runway markers and flying along the edges of swales. As darkness descended, it flew out of sight toward the north end of the airport. There's a good chance this is the individual that was seen and photographed at Mohawk Landing a couple weeks ago (as seen and reported in the Schenectady Gazette local section January 18).
David Harrison
Milford, NJ

Join us on Facebook!