Date: 1/30/18 5:19 pm
From: Jacob Wessels <jacoblwessels...>
Subject: Re: Check this out on NBCNews.com
Bill,

To my knowledge, birds do not have temperature-dependent sex determination.
However, a skewed sex ratio could still impact bird populations. Some
studies, for example, have shown male-skewed populations and female-skewed
mortality.

Jacob Wessels
Graduate student, MS in Biology
Arkansas State University

(sent from my mobile device)

On Jan 30, 2018 5:30 PM, "Bill Thurman" <bill.masterofmusic...>
wrote:

Hi – at the risk of criticism and scorn I now share this report with the
Birder community. I can envision this predicament happening in the future
possibly even with birds. It may already be happening before we realize it.
Simply food for thought, that's all.

When I saw this on NBCNews.com, I thought you'd find it interesting:
This population of green sea turtles is nearly all female, signalling a
major problem
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/amp/population-
green-sea-turtles-nearly-all-female-signalling-major-
problem-n837341?cid=eml_onsite
If you get a chance, let me know what you think of it. Thanks!

Join us on Facebook!