Date: 1/30/18 4:04 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: More Cedar Waxwings
Can't believe my good fortune.  The cold temps and wind today kept all
the birds to a minimum.  While telling a friend on the phone that I did
not expect to see any Waxwings  in this weather I looked out the front
window and saw a few in the old dogwood. This afternoon they showed up
in full force at the birdbaths in the back, again drinking not bathing.
Same as yesterday,  there were a few that had an orange tipped tail.

When hanging out laundry they were in the trees above me.  They also
stayed put when I opened the window to get some more photos.   The
birdbaths were about 15 feet from where I was sitting.    I've missed
not getting any Fox Sparrows and Pine Siskins thus far but these Cedar
Waxwings more than made up for it.  Just wish I could have shared  this
with someone.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town

Join us on Facebook!