Date: 1/30/18 3:56 pm
From: mike <m.b.ludewig...>
Subject: Lake Texoma Birding
Hi everyone,

My wife, Merry & I birded two Lake Texoma related NWR's on Sunday (Hagerman
in Texas) and Monday (Tishomingo in OK). If you are looking for waterfowl,
then choose Hagerman as Tishomingo is almost devoid of waterfowl.

Highlights at Hageman included American Pipits, thousands of Pintails, good
numbers of Northern Shovelers and Mallards, Snow Geese, Gulls (mostly
ring-billed), Wilson's Snipe, Northern Harriers, and a few Ruddy Ducks all
in or near the water. But, the absolute treat of the day were two
Short-eared Owls hunting near the land across from Steedman Marsh.

Tishomingo furnished a few interesting land birds including an Eastern
Towhee, three Brown Thrashers, two Hermit Thrush, and a number of Fox
Sparrows. Also had a Kingfisher, a few Ring-neck and Northern Shovelers,
and a single Lesser Yellowlegs at Goose Pen Pond. Incidentally while
Texoma, here, just had a few ducks, the mud flats north of the Center had
lots of Wilson's Snipe.

Mike Ludewig

Still near Farris OK

Join us on Facebook!