Date: 1/30/18 3:55 pm
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: C & O COUNT...eBird entry easy peasy for veteran Canal counters
This only applies to those who have counted in the past and will count
at least some of the same miles in 2018 [counts possible thru & incl 4
FEB].

Among my eBird checklists are those I submitted for the 2014 & 2015
canal counts. Viewing/editing those files allows one to submit
another checklist for the SAME LOCATION and the only need is to modify
the date.

So do that if you can. If you've already submitted a checklist using
a made up location as I did, think about redoing the list to tie in
the data with the better location name. Then DELETE the old one.

One caveat:
Be sure you are using the correct mile location. Here's that even
briefer tutorial again:

In the "normal" direction, i.e. UPSTREAM:
Begin at a milepost, e.g. milepost 58. Add 1. You will be surveying mile 59.

In the "reverse" direction, i.e. DOWNSTREAM:
Begin at a milepost, e.g. milepost 58. You will be surveying mile 58.

Jim S.

ps I hope I got the tutorial right this time :)