Date: 1/30/18 11:53 am
From: Laura Paulson <laura...>
Subject: [texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Jan 30, 2018
Hi Texbirders,
Once again we had perfect weather and great birds though many of the birds
were different today. Top of the list: we saw the male Rose-throated
Becard! Found initially by a commercial birding group, the word quickly
went out and many people got to add this handsome guy to their lists today.
So good. More Verdins than we could count, a handsome male Ringed
Kingfisher and a male Hooded Oriole were other highlights.The Hooded was in
the company of a pair of Altamira Orioles and it was great to contrast and
compare them. And our most reliable Common Pauraque, missing-in-action
yesterday, was back today. Did our hearts good.
Special thanks to Tom Unsicker for keeping the list, and to both Tom and
Huck Hutchens for joining us. Huck and Tom will be helping Steve with next
Monday and Tuesday's bird walks (respectively) while Laura goes owling in
the great north. If you join in their walks you are in for a real treat.
Guided walks leave the Visitor Center at 8:30 am every day but Sunday.

Laura and Steve Paulson
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge
Alamo, Texas