Date: 1/30/18 6:59 am
From: Nathan Hall <hallnatec...>
Subject: Re: [Maine-birds] Snowy Owl YES
Hey Roger

Off of Aviatation Blvd is a parking and viewing area, found here
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Portland+International+Jetport/@43.6421424,-70.309236,367m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xfbc7a5854bf63ecf!8m2!3d43.6464785!4d-70.3096974>.
It is a convenient place to park and view the area. While it doesn't allow
you to see the entire Jetport, it does give you a good view of about half
of it. This is where I usually go to see the Snowy Owls and am usually
successful here. You can often find Snow Buntings here as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Portland+International+
Jetport/@43.6421424,-70.309236,367m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!
3m4!1s0x0:0xfbc7a5854bf63ecf!8m2!3d43.6464785!4d-70.3096974

Additionally, I'm sure many of you have already read this article from the
New York Times (The Delicate Politics of Chasing Owls
<https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/opinion/sunday/owl-watching.html>).
Here it is in case you missed it. The author has an interesting and nuanced

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/opinion/sunday/owl-watching.html

Be well
Nathan Hall
Portland, ME