Date: 1/29/18 8:46 pm
From: Lemmon via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Branford back yard, Red Shouldered Hawk and Raven.
Yesterday a Red Shouldered Hawk managed to steal beef suet from the grocery store stuffed in the woodpecker feeder.  Today a Raven took a hunk of suet from a nail pounded in the top of one of the covered feeders.  This was the first time I have ever put out beef suet in our yard as I usually use suet cakes or bark butter.  It is very effective attracting many woodpeckers, Carolina Wren, and Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at the Branford Supply Ponds where it is pounded into the crevices of the cedar tree by the pond.

Carol LemmonBranford