Date: 1/29/18 6:30 pm
From: Betsy Checchia <betsy.checchia...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ -- NO Sightings -- Alambre Tank Follow-up
I had a follow-up phone call from a law enforcement officer with the USFS
this morning, reference the complaint I made after my observation of two
shooters at Alambre Tank off Redington Road in the Coronado National
Forest. The officer said they had found the two people involved and had
questioned them about their activities on Jan 14. They admitted to
trashing the area, camping too near a water source, and having an
unattended campfire. The officer said they were "dealt with accordingly"
and thanked me for reporting the incident.

The lesson I take from this is, if you see something, say something. Be
prepared to back up your complaint with photos as I did. You can contact
the USFS or NPS on their websites. I'm impressed that they ran with it and
completed their investigation so quickly.

Betsy Checchia
Tucson, AZ