Date: 1/29/18 6:19 pm
From: 'Alexander Brown' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Unusual goose at Stearn's Lake (Boulder County) -- Monday Jan 29
This morning Gillian and I found a very unusual goose at Stearn's Lake (southeast Boulder County).
The bird resembled a "Blue" Snow Goose but had an all dark beak and non-standard plumage.
Our best guess is that the bird is a Snow Goose hybrid with either Canada or Cackling Goose.There is a faint but obvious "grin" patch on the beak, so it is unlikely to be a Ross's Goose hybrid.
There were six Snow Geese this morning at Stearn's Lake -- three "white" and three "Blue".
This the most Snow Geese that I have ever seen at one place in Boulder County.

Alex BrownBoulder, CO