Date: 1/29/18 6:15 pm
From: Jody Williams <fisherwoods...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Catalina SP, 1/29 afternoon
Walked the bird loop with the poodles (Always a challenge) but saw a few good birds. The highlight was spotting a Cooper’s Hawk sitting on a Greater Roadrunner about 35 feet off the trail in the mesquite grove. It had frozen upon seeing me and the dogs so I don’t know what drew my attention other than “Something that didn’t seem normal.” I have a good eye for pattern breaking. In any case, it held still for some okay photos, moving little. It finally hauled its prize away after a couple minutes and two more people joining me on the trail.
On leaving I encountered 4 Western Bluebirds by the entry building.

John R Williams