Date: 1/29/18 4:03 pm
From: Daniel Scheiman <birddan...>
Subject: Re: Long-tailed Duck (Beaver Lake, northwest AR, Benton County)
Speaking of eBird, anyone can find public birding locations, called
hotspots, using eBirdıs Hotspot Explorer map.
http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspots

For example, here are the details for Lost Bridge South
http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L503054. Click on the Get Directions link
just below the location name to bring up a Google Map.

Dan Scheiman
Little Rock, AR

On 1/29/18, 5:12 PM, "The Birds of Arkansas Discussion List on behalf of Rod
Wittenberg" <ARBIRD-L...> on behalf of
<rodwittenberg...> wrote:

Lost Bridge South is indeed a recreational area located on Beaver Lake in
northwest AR. I am sorry, I should have specified for our friends in other
regions. My family and I enjoyed great views of this bird yesterday until it
finally took flight and followed the lake to the west. At one point, it was
feeding very actively along the rocky shoreline of a narrow cove to the east
of the picnic areas.

I posted two terrible, yet diagnostic, photos on eBird last night (Benton
County). An eBird post by Nancy Felker (January 21) also reported a male
Long-tailed Duck on Beaver Lake not too terribly far from my sighting. This
may very well be the same bird. I hope it sticks around for others to see.
Karen Garrett, Joe Neal, and perhaps others found Long-tailed Ducks at
Beaver last winter.

<http://haashall.org/> <https://www.twitter.com/haashallacademy>
<https://www.facebook.com/haashallacademy>
<http://linkedin.com/company/861737> Dr. Rod Wittenberg
Headmaster and Instructor of Life Sciences
<RodWittenberg...> Hall Academy
Office: 479-268-3424 <tel:479-268-3424> / Fax: 479-250-9292
<tel:479-250-9292>
2600 SE J Street, Bentonville, Arkansas 72712
haashall.org <http://haashall.org/>

Join us on Facebook!