Date: 1/29/18 3:29 pm
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: Cackling Geese Centerton Fish Hatchery Sunday
Sorry this is late, I meant to post yesterday. I was trolling the fish hatchery Sunday. Not much there. I found an American Pipit, there was a Bald Eagle when I got there but it was gone next time I looked up. There was a Belted Kingfisher pair sitting close together on a wire.

I was getting ready to leave when a flock of about 50 or so Canada Geese approached. There appeared to be a lot of small looking geese in the flock. They landed not too far away and in good light. I counted 9 Cackling Geese. I took photos but they are not that great, but good enough for ID, I was using my 300 MM lens. Plus I was using my window mount scope so I saw them clearly. The geese didn’t stay long, they rested for 20 minutes then took off again.

My big 400 MM lens is giving a “ camera read lens error, clean contacts". This started on December 30 th and has not resolved. It worked fine on the 29th. And it’s the lens not the camera. I dread sending it in to be fixed.

Jacque Brown

<bluebird2...>

Join us on Facebook!