Date: 1/29/18 3:13 pm
From: Rod Wittenberg <rodwittenberg...>
Subject: Long-tailed Duck (Beaver Lake, northwest AR, Benton County)
Lost Bridge South is indeed a recreational area located on Beaver Lake in
northwest AR. I am sorry, I should have specified for our friends in other
regions. My family and I enjoyed great views of this bird yesterday until
it finally took flight and followed the lake to the west. At one point, it
was feeding very actively along the rocky shoreline of a narrow cove to the
east of the picnic areas.

I posted two terrible, yet diagnostic, photos on eBird last night (Benton
County). An eBird post by Nancy Felker (January 21) also reported a male
Long-tailed Duck on Beaver Lake not too terribly far from my sighting. This
may very well be the same bird. I hope it sticks around for others to see.
Karen Garrett, Joe Neal, and perhaps others found Long-tailed Ducks at
Beaver last winter.

[image: Haas Hall Academy] <http://haashall.org/>

[image: Twitter] <https://www.twitter.com/haashallacademy> [image: Facebook]
<https://www.facebook.com/haashallacademy> [image: LinkedIn]
<http://linkedin.com/company/861737>

*Dr. Rod Wittenberg*Headmaster and Instructor of Life Sciences
<RodWittenberg...> <rodwittenberg...>

Haas Hall Academy
Office: 479-268-3424 / Fax: 479-250-9292
2600 SE J Street, Bentonville, Arkansas 72712
haashall.org

Statement of Confidentiality: This correspondence, including attachments,
may contain confidential and/or privileged information and is covered by
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC 2510-2521; 2701-2710).
Information contained herein is intended solely for, delivery to and
authorized use by the addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the
intended recipient please take notice that any use, distribution,
disclosure or copying of this communication and/or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance upon it, is unauthorized and may be
the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this communication from
your computer and network.

Join us on Facebook!