Date: 1/29/18 2:43 pm
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Held hostage?
A large flock of Cedar Waxwings was here all day today.  I postponed my
errand because I just could not make myself leave. They were drinking
water rather than bathing in both the pedestal and ground bath.
Sometimes Bluebirds joined them.  This afternoon two Yellow rumps also
popped in.    The better part of the day was spent trying to capture all
these Waxwings on film and video.  At one point l decided to open the
window to get a clearer view and that didn't seem to bother anybody.
Just amazing.  It is safe to say that I've never seen a spectacular show
like this in all the years I've been birding.

On the way home from a quick run to get some milk I decided to walk my
dog at Willingham Knolls since we were going right by there.  When I got
out of the car there were lots of Robins on the ground but the tree had
a flock of Waxwings in it.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!