Date: 1/29/18 1:35 pm
From: Philip Kline <pgeorgekline...>
Subject: [obol] Sauvie Island Tree Sparrow
I found an American Tree Sparrow along Rentenaar Road this morning. It was
on the left about 2/3 of the way down just past where the road crosses a
large slough. It was associating with a large mixed sparrow flock that also
contained at least 4 white-throateds. A swamp sparrow was by a small
pullout on the south side of the road about 200 yards down. A Marsh Wren
was calling from the same spot. I ended up seeing 11 sparrow species.
Other highlights were a gorgeous adult red-shouldered hawk and seeing the
sky fill with about 2000 snow geese. Link to checklist with lousy tree
sparrow photo below:

Good birding,

Philip Kline

Join us on Facebook!