Date: 1/29/18 9:15 am
Subject: Re: Jan. 27 "Pelagic" Trip From Hatteras
I sent in a check for February 10.  Maybe you'll get it today?  Looking forward to it.
How many gulls are hanging around Hatteras Point?
Are you familiar with Island Cruisers in Salvo?  I might want to rent a jeep.

BL

On Sunday, January 28, 2018, 7:07:09 PM EST, Brian Patteson <carolinabirds...> wrote:

We had an excellent boat trip from Hatteras yesterday. To call it a pelagic trip might be a stretch because we only had to go about 12 miles out. The weather was mild with light southerly winds, but there was a nice cold water cul-de-sac on Diamond Shoals, so we had a good variety of winter seabirds. The highlight was several close encounters with Great Skuas, which are scarce but regular here. These skuas are generally not as approachable as South Polars, so to see them like we did yesterday was quite nice. We also had good numbers of Razorbills, several Atlantic Puffins, 3 species of shearwaters- including over 20 Manx Shearwaters, and several fulmars and kittiwakes. An adult Iceland Gull made a brief appearance during the afternoon.

To see photos from the trip and to read the trip report, go to the Seabirding Blog- seabirding.blogspot.com

We have several trips planned for February and space is available on all of them at this time.

Go to the main Seabirding website for the schedule and terms- www.seabirding.com

You can also give me a call to discuss trips and find out more about what to expect: 252-986-1363

Thanks,

Brian Patteson
Hatteras, NC

Join us on Facebook!