Date: 1/29/18 8:19 am
Subject: Immature Mute Swan Pitt St. Causeway, Mount Pleasant, SC
I observed and photographed an immature Mute Swan this morning at Pitt St.
Causeway. It was in the water at the pedestrian park and then swam toward
Shem Creek beyond the first dock, and I moved over to Middle St. and shot
some more photos, and then it swam back toward Pitt St. where it was
sitting near the oyster restoration project with a few Hooded Mergansers.
My daughter Shelley sent me a few distant pics of two swans near Daniel
Island in the river last week, and the last I heard there was only one swan
remaining there near the mouth of Clouter Creek. One local resident said
this bird had been there a few days, mostly active in early morning.
Photographs are in the eBird checklist. It's the first swan I've seen in
the Pitt St. area in the 29 years I've lived here.

--

*Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the
tunes without the words - and never stops at all.*

Craig Watson
Mount Pleasant, SC

Join us on Facebook!