Date: 1/29/18 6:50 am
From: Donald Sweig <skybear41...>
Subject: [MDBirding] More on Golden Eagle at Blackwater
I called the Blackwater refuge this morning and spoke to one of the refuge staff there about the report on ebird that someone had seen an injured golden eagle been taken into the visitor center on Saturday.
The golden eagle that was seen being taken into the refuge center on Saturday was indeed an injured bird, but it has been injured for a long time and it was being taken to the visitor center as part of an educational program. It was not a wild injured bird found on the refuge.
So, the Golden eagle that Harry Armistead told me he had seen and which I did not succeed in finding was not the same eagle being seen taken to the visitor center.
The man I talked with at the refuge said that there was a Golden Eagle or two around that area, but that they are not seen with any regularity on the refuge.
Guess I will have to go and try again.
Donald Sweig
Falls Church, Virginia

Sent from my iPad