Date: 1/28/18 11:27 pm
From: MARK BALDWIN <mark.baldwin2...>
Subject: [obol] White-winged Crossbills still present near Florence
My wife and I were in Florence to attend a presentation of "Living Voices" at the Public Library. Since we were a little early I decided to look for the White-winged Crossbills that had been seen in the vicinity of the pay station on the South Jetty road. It was very noisy with diesel trucks and off-road vehicles so I decided to walk up the trail just to the right of the kiosk. Once I got to the top of that dune I could see the cone laden treetops and before long I heard and then saw a flock of Red Crossbills. I thought I saw white wing bars on one bird but wasn't sure until I reviewed my poor photos. Thanks to Pam Otley for pointing me in the right direction!

Happy Birding,

Mark

Join us on Facebook!