Date: 1/28/18 4:39 pm
From: Rennie Talbert <renniett...>
Subject: Birding Cabell, Mason, and Putnam Counties.
Amy and I hit the usual spots along Rt. 2, then going to McClintic, then Rt. 817 before finishing at Winfield Locks. I'll just hit the highlights.

At Greenbottom, the highlight of the whole day was a rough-legged hawk sitting in a tree, right across from what I believe is Spurlock Road. I took pictures but they didn't turn out because I was focusing through the windshield.

At Robert C Byrd Locks was a dozen flickers.

At McClintic was the usual Mute Swan and some white-crowned sparrows.

On 817 we saw 2 Tundra Swans

Winfield Locks had Gadwalls and hooded mergansers.

Rennie Talbert
Barboursville

Join us on Facebook!