Date: 1/28/18 4:27 pm
From: Bob Fisher <BFisher928...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Barrow's Goldeneye in Rapids City on Sunday
Karen and I saw the posts on eBird from Craig T, Keith M and others about this bird being seen on Saturday, and on impulse decided to head out there late Sunday AM. The gps coordinates provided on eBird were

41.583152,-90.342466

That's the Shuler's Shady Grove Park and boat launch area, right where 1st Ave starts, on the NE side of Rapids City IL (1st Ave is the next block N of Rte 84). We drove up, parked in front of the boat launch, scanned the numerous C Goldeneyes on the Mighty Miss there, and found the Barrow's mixed in within just a couple of minutes.
We saw it at approx 1:45 PM

Regards
Bob Fisher
Downers Grove
DuPage County

BCN is a regional coalition of about 20 organizations (bird clubs, Audubon chapters, ornithological societies and conservation organizations) sharing an interest in the conservation of birds.  The groups’ members aggregate to more than 35,000 people living primarily in the Chicago area, but also throughout Illinois, northeastern Indiana, and southern Wisconsin.

Join us on Facebook!