Date: 1/28/18 2:18 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Rock Run Rookery & Des Plaines River Widewaters Area Sunday 1-28-18
Hello Bird People,

Ever optimistic I decided I was well enough to check the 2 above
mentioned locations but that proved to not be the case. Walked about
100 yards on the trail at Rock Run as the only open water was a ways
back. Got dizzy & had to stop to rest & recover. Birds seen included
Great Blues (20), Canada Geese ((75), Mallards (100), BLACK DUCKS (4).
Gadwall (15), Lesser Scaup (4), Ring Necks (25), Goldeneye (50),
Common Merganser (200) & HOODED MERGANSER (1). R.B. (100) & Herring
Gulls (30). Land birds were Downy Woodpecker, Chickadee & Cardinal.

Then to the Widewaters Area were the best viewing was from the Three
Rivers Area as the sun was in your face along Front Street. Found all
3 Swan Species with Tundra (1 with yellow lores), Mute (8 or 9) &
Trumpeter (4 or 5). There were 5 or 6 Swans that had black bills but
didn't show enough to be sure which species they were. Also saw Canada
Geese, Mallards, Lesser Scaup, Goldeneye,
Bufflehead, Common Mergs (4), Coots (20), R.B. & Herring Gulls & a
noisy Belted Kingfisher. Got dizzy again & had to call it a day.

Al Stokie
Not doing very well in Will County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: