Date: 1/28/18 1:24 pm
From: Nari Mistry <nbm2...>
Subject: Re:[cayugabirds-l] Black vultures
This beautiful sunny afternoon at around 3:45pm Gin and I stopped at the
Stevenson/Dodge Rd. junction to see if any Black Vultures would show up.
Within a few minutes in the distance we saw four vulture types in close
formation flying north towards us over Snyder Hill, flying straight and
flapping continuously. They passed right over us and we could clearly
see they were black vultures. They continued north towards Fall Creek
and disappeared over the horizon. They were flapping non-stop in a
steady rhythm from horizon to horizon. There were several TVs lazily
soaring around too.
The appearance of Black Vultures here in winter seems to be clear
evidence of the climate changing. Can't attribute it to new highways and
prevalence of roadkill which was given as the reason when TVs first
started appearing here years ago.

Nari & Gin Mistry,
Ellis Hollow Rd.

> Subject: Black vultures
> From: Brad Walker <edgarallenhoopoe...>
> Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2018 13:29:57 +0000
>
> The four black vultures are currently perched in a dead tree next to the
> small bridge between Dodge Road and the game farm.

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/