Date: 1/28/18 12:41 pm
From: Laas Harvey <hlaas...>
Subject: [texbirds] Waller County burrowing owl
This morning I got a call from a neighbor saying he had a burrowing owl on his property. I went to check it out and it was sitting on ground next to a culvert on his property. It flew when we tried to get a decent photo. This bird is not chaseable due to the location being a good half mile from a public road. There are no ebird records for burrowing owl in Waller County, so wanted to get the sighting out for the record. Location is in Southern half of county.

Harvey Laas
10 miles N of Brookshire
Nice bird for Waller County number 277 for me.

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!