Date: 1/28/18 12:00 pm
From: Daniel Scheiman <birddan...>
Subject: BirdLR Birdathon
2018 is the centennial of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act. In celebration of
that and International Migratory Bird Day, Audubon Arkansas is calling all
birders to participate in a Birdathon on May 12.
http://ar.audubon.org/conservation/birdathon This Birdathon is part of a
larger bird-appreciation day in Central Arkansas weıre calling BirdLR (our
version of Audubon Californiaıs BirdLA in Los Angeles).

Birdathons all over the country engage thousands of birders in raising money
for conservation. For BirdLR, teams of 2-5 will set species and fundraising
goals, then collect donations or pledges per species seen. Teams compete for
prizes for the most species seen and money raised. The Birdathon boundary is
Pulaski County on May 12 from 12 AM to 5 PM. You donıt have to live in the
county to form, join, or sponsor a team. All teams will convene at a Bird
Bash tally rally that afternoon.

Registration forms and details are on our website
http://ar.audubon.org/conservation/birdathon. The sooner you form your team
and submit your info the sooner Audubon Arkansas will create your teamıs
profile page to make fundraising easier (e.g. friends and family anywhere in
the world can donate online).

If youıre interested in participating Iıd love to know so please tell me
off-list. Iıve already been brainstorming names for my own team.

Dan Scheiman
Bird Conservation Director, Audubon Arkansas
Little Rock, AR

Join us on Facebook!