Date: 1/28/18 11:05 am
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] Lubbock Cemetery Highlights over the Weekend
Greetings All:
I spent about an hour at the Lubbock Cemetery yesterday, unsuccessfully
trying to obtain pictures of a flock of ever-flying Red Crossbills.
Highlights included 9+ Red-breasted Nuthatches, 4+ Golden-crowned Kinglets,
2 Eastern Bluebirds, 3 Western Bluebirds, 2 Cedar Waxwings, 1 continuing
Phainopepla, 12+ Red Crossbills, 1 White-throated Sparrow, and 1
Orange-crowned Warbler.

I spent two hours at the site this morning and couldn't even find the ding
dang crossbills but did pick up the following goodies: 1 Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker, 13+ Red-breasted Nuthatches, 1 Brown Creeper, 3+ Golden-crowned
Kinglets, 12+ Eastern Bluebirds, 6+ Western Bluebirds,1 male Mountain
Bluebird, 5 Cedar Waxwings, 1 female Phainopepla, 2 Pine Siskins, 1
White-throated Sparrow, and 1 Orange-crowned Warbler.

Two good, bordering on great, visits but still no crossbill photographs.

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!