Date: 1/28/18 9:44 am
From: Barry E. Blust <barryblust...>
Subject: Re: Hearing Outside Birds Inside
A couple of years ago I was looking for such an item and researched what I could find online. I looked at both wireless and wired products. There were a few products but one stood out as being much better in performance than the others and that was the Nature's Window 3 Outdoor Sound Monitor. It was more expensive than the others but I decided to try it and have not been disappointed. I spend a lot of time at my PC from which I cannot see my feeders and have the unit in a nearby room with the mike just outside a window which is about 25 feet from my nearest feeder. I can hear bird vocalizations from a good distance beyond that and more than once have been alerted by scolding birds to a hawk or raven in the area. The mike is sensitive and picks up wind noise and rain so it's not very useful on windy or rainy days. But overall I am happy with the product.

Barry E. Blust
21 Rabbit Run Lane
Glenmoore, PA
Upper Uwchlan Township, Chester County
<BarryBlust...>

"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe."
-- John Muir