Date: 1/27/18 7:11 pm
From: <brendangalvin...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Sinaloa Wren continues

We were able to relocate the wren today (1/27/18) at around 1015 south of
previous records in dense brush along the river edge (31.5569,-111.0470) the
bird was extremely skulky and stayed within the dense brush as we viewed it
off and on for about twenty minutes, unfortunately it then went missing just
as a number of birders were arriving to see it. We then relocated it again
even further south (31.5566, -111.0468) at 1215 this time it was down on the
river bank itself and in leaf litter on the opposite bank, this time it was
much easier to view and was out in plain sight for about twenty minutes before
we left. The bird would infrequently give off its distinct call, similar to a
distant machine gun.

We also had four robins on the way out at 31.5593, -111.0469 that were very
easy to see, flying right over the trail and getting water in the creek.

Here is our Ebird checklist with all the photos and other species:

Brendan Galvin
Irvine, CA
1/27/18