Date: 1/27/18 5:55 pm
From: DAVID KOCH <davilene...>
Subject: Tanager, Bucks County, and reported extralimital (but near PA) gyrfalcon
 The  western tanager on Rolling Hills Road in Bucks County remains. I saw it this morning around 9:30 eating arthropods in the tree in front of the house and then at the suet feeder behind the house.I'm mentioning this from the Jersey list only because the location is just across the river from PA, but I have no personal knowledge about the bird. However, a dark phase gyrfalcon is being reported from Merrill Creek Reservoir, a few miles north of Phillipsburg, off Rt. 519. Anyone interested in finding out more about the reports should check the New Jersey Birds listserv.
Arlene Koch Easton, PA Northampton County <davilene...>

Join us on Facebook!