Date: 1/27/18 2:39 pm
From: <birdbright...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Pier 80 Osprey, notes.
Hi Birders,
Yesterday, as seen from Pier 94, a very early Osprey stood on the light fixture nearest to last year’s nest on pier 80. Early this afternoon, about 12:45, a noisy pair of Scarlet Macaws were seen flying west over Noe Valley. About 2 weeks ago at dusk there was a wonderful winter black bird murmuration of several hundred whirling above Turk and Market before suddenly dipping and funneling en masse into the small fiscus trees along Mason at Ellis.
I’ve been hesitant to mention this, but as part of a ongoing birding crime blotter, during the recent CBC our car was broken into at the parking lot at Candlestick State Recreation Area. Serious, but not terrifying. Hati-hati.
Russ Bright
SF

Join us on Facebook!