Date: 1/27/18 2:16 pm
From: Gordon Karre <karhop1...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SE AZ: Pinal County, Ruddy Ground-Doves
This morning, Josh Wallesadt, Rick Wallestad, and I, stopped at the Red Rock Feedlot in Pinal County to look for the RUDDY GROUND-DOVES. Guess we got more than we bargained for as we found 5 of them near the northwest corner of the feedlot on the west and a bit south of the farmhouse. We were able to get photos of 4 of them in the same frame and we found the 5th one a bit further back perched on one of the wood fence railings. A bit surprised at the number but it was quite enjoyable.

Further into the Santa Cruz Flats area, we tallied 10 CRESTED CARACARA about a mile north and a mile west from the intersection of Baumgartner and Wheeler. Did not spend a lot of time at Pretzer and Tweedy, but did manage to count 6 MOUNTAIN PLOVER.

And enjoyable morning for all.

Gordon Karre
Mesa, AZ

To view my latest blog post click on the link below.
Desert Wings blog site: http://desertwing.blogspot.com/