Date: 1/27/18 12:42 pm
From: Mitchell Pruitt <0000000b4ac30a99-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Cat's Meow Attracts Birds?
Seems logical! Birds respond in a variety of different ways to different predators. I’ve never heard of mobbing behavior towards a cat, but it makes sense. I wonder if bobcats would illicit a similar reaction, or if size differences (prey differences) between bobcats and house cats are just enough not to worry the smaller birds? Maybe it's a behavior learned by urban birds?

I’ve seen a group of birds “escorting” a Timber Rattlesnake, but not a cat.

> On Jan 27, 2018, at 1:42 PM, Sandy Berger <sndbrgr...> wrote:
>
> But would it work in the wild? In the woods?
>
> On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 12:33 PM Jerry Davis <jwdavis...> <mailto:<jwdavis...>> wrote:
> I had never thought about that but it seems like that would generate a defense behavior in birds.
>
> Jerry

Join us on Facebook!