Date: 1/27/18 8:20 am
From: <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender drbirdie for DMARC)
Subject: [texbirds] Request for Red Crossbill audio recordings
Hi Texbirders,
As the great Red Crossbill irruption of 2017- 2018 continues on multiple fronts throughout the state, I hope that some of you lucky enough to have close encounters with these boreal invaders will try to get audio recordings of the birds' vocalizations. It is possible that we will have crossbills from different populations (potential species splits in the future) entering the state, and the only way to know for sure is with audio recordings. So keep on getting those great photos, but even better would be to get audio-recordings of their calls.
Because Science!
Doc in Austin

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner