Date: 1/27/18 8:00 am
From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler...>
Subject: [texbirds] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Snowy Owl RFI
Rob,
From what I've gathered on various Facebook pages it was not seen up
through midday despite a number of birders searching for it. However, I'd
be interested in learning if anyone was there late afternoon into the
evening. That's the time I'd suspect a sighting if it was still in the
area. Snowy Owls can be very lethargic most of the day but begin to stir
late in the day as they prepare for a night of hunting.

I'm guessing between 50-100 birders successfully chased it between Tuesday
and Thursday with maybe one or two reporting it on this listserv. There's a
lot of intel out there but very little of it being shared.

Hoping for the best!

Justin Bosler
currently in Lubbock, TX

On Jan 26, 2018 10:01 PM, "Robert Hardway" <rhardway21...> wrote:

> Does anyone have info on whether or not the owl is being seen today?
> Thanks
> Rob Hardway
> Lago Vista

> from the List Owner