Date: 1/26/18 7:18 pm
From: Eric Storms <ericbs1975...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [pen-bird] Tufted Duck (NO) - 1/26/2018
A quick follow up on this, after trying for the tufted duck (I was there 11 - 11:40ish) and then went to Bair Island. There were a large number of waterfowl (canvasback, scaup, widgeons etc) in the channels or sunning on the banks (it was low tide). Perhaps she was mixed in there and may return to the pond when the tide comes back? Just a completely uneducated thought :-) I didn’t have a scope to thoroughly examine the flocks.

-Eric Storms
San Carlos

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 5:41 PM, Kent Forward <kforward...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...> wrote:
>
> Greetings Birders,
>
> Since sometimes a negative report can be useful, just a quick note that a good number of us dipped on the Tufted Duck today at Nob Hill Pond despite hours sifting through the impressive variety and quantity of waterfowl that alight on its waters in the winter. Hopefully it'll turn up again soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Kent Forward
> El Granada

Join us on Facebook!