Date: 1/26/18 12:18 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Screech Owl (maybe) Northampton County
Howdy All,

While driving into town last evening a tan colored mass flew across the
road just in front of the car at about 15-20 feet above the ground.

This was on Township line road which is a good birding spot for raptors
around here.

This bird flew into the woods on the side of the road. My friend along
for the ride said size-wise it looked about "as big as a bunny".
Certainly bigger than a flying squirrel. I think it was a screech owl as
GHO's are much bigger. By the way I have seen this before-something
gliding across the road at night about 15 feet up from one woodlot to
another. It almost like you have to put a lighting rack on your roof to
illuminate these nighttime flyers when you cruise around.

Happy birding, Dave

Join us on Facebook!