Date: 1/26/18 8:31 am
From: paul noell <myconut...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Obit
For those of you of more than a few years, you may remember one of our
earlier hot, young birders, Mike Resch. He was in that group of Stasz, Blom
&
Ringler, et al, who the rest of us went to for info by on unusual birds. In
a recent Sun paper an obit ran on the passing of Mike's dad. Mike moved out
of state a number of years ago.

Before he did, on one occasion I called him about some redpolls at my
house. I thought maybe I had a hoary. In a short while, he came over,
climbed the stairs and looked out my bathroom window at a tree w/a good
no. of redpolls feeding. He said I had a lighter variant of the Common
Redpoll. Which reminds me: in that same tree, back then, I enjoyed an
assortment of birds, including Evening Grosbeak, White-crowned Sparrow and
Sharp-shinned Hawk, among others. Not bad for a city slicker's front yard.
Paul Noell
Balto MD