Date: 1/25/18 8:58 pm
From: Ann Pettigrew <rook185...>
Subject: Peregrine Falcons, Common Ravens, Bald Eagles - Safe Harbor Dam
A peregrine chased off a pair of ravens below the dam this afternoon then met back up with its mate and bred on the railroad trestle. Also counted about 25 eagles flying and perched. A good afternoon and enjoyed meeting Dennis Harnley (hope I have your last name correct, Dennis).

Also, for those of you who are not familiar with Gut Rd. which runs along the Susquehanna between Saginaw and Brunners Island in York County it can be very productive. I had 17 species within about 40 minutes on this short stretch of road yesterday including pileateds and a yellow-bellied sapsucker. If you ever get over to York County, I highly recommend a stop on Gut Rd.

Take care!

Ann C. Pettigrew, V.M.D.
York, PA
<rook185...>
www.pbase.com/rook185

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
― Mahatma Gandhi

Join us on Facebook!