Date: 1/25/18 6:59 pm
From: Katey Buster <kateynaturelady...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Great looks at Burrowing Owl, etc/ S. Indian Agency/Los Reales Rd Hotspot in Pima County
Many species seen this morning including the continuing lone SNOW GOOSE,  CASSIN'S KINGBIRD,  Blue -winged Teal,  CRESTED CARACARA, Barn Swallow and great looks at a BURROWING OWL.   Gary and Donna Crandall and I had such fun at this amazing 'oasis' in the desert in south Tucson.   In answer to Maureen Blackford's question about where the Burrowing Owls 'hang out' there,   we saw this one about a quarter of a mile in on the dirt path that goes above the riparian area.   The owl was seen first perched on the dike,  then flying, then perched again for two more sightings.   We got pretty close at one point.   It was also seen very early this morning by another birder.   This place is a gem but probably better earlier than later in the day,  except for seeing the Caracaras coming in to roost.  (see ebird for my complete list of species)
Katey BusterGrand Junction, CO