Date: 1/25/18 5:01 pm
From: Alan Buriak <a_buriak...>
Subject: Re: Armstrong Co Horned Larks and Hawks
To add to Dave's notes about the Worthington area, I was also out there today and took some time to scope the lark flock along Fox Hollow Rd. There was indeed at least one Lapland Longspur in the mix, possible 2 or more but they were moving around a bit and it was tricky. I also had two light morph Rough-legged Hawks circling high overhead at the same location where I was scoping the fields. This area has had maybe one of the best winter showings for Rough-legged Hawks in recent memory for this part of the state. A dark morph was also reported yesterday by DK which means at least 3 separate individuals are still in the area, however I suspect the number is even way higher than that given the success rate of finding them out there. I believe I have found at least 1 Rough-legged there in 6 of my last 8 trips to Worthington this month, and others have had similar high success.

Good birding,
Alan Buriak