Date: 1/25/18 4:40 pm
From: <mblackford...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Pima County- Indian Agency Rd and Los Reales Rd Crested Caracara & Snow Goose
In hopes of finding a Burrowing Owl, I headed over to Indian Agency Rd and Los Reales Rd, north of San Xavier Mission in Tucson.
I arrived around 2:10, where another birder, Susan, pointed out 3 Crested Caracara in the field south and east of the intersection.
(There’s a earthen berm that looks like a railroad bed in the middle of the field.) They were on top of the berm. More were flying is as I was leaving; there were a total of 15 at 4:00pm... most, if not all, appeared to be 1st year. Seeing the crested caracara was much to the delight of a birding group from Massachuttes.

In the pond east of the intersection, there was a snow goose, a common gallinule, some blue-winged teals & green-winged teals, and others. Full list on ebird.

What an unusual place...

If anyone know where the burrowing owls hang out there, I’d be interested to know.

Maureen Blackford
Sahuarita AZ