Date: 1/25/18 4:38 pm
From: <hersheyj...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: [HMBirds] Redheads
Two of the Redheads I reported on 1/14 at the Vischer Ferry Power Plant have been present every day I checked since then including this morning. There were 2 males and a female originally but now just a male and female. They reliably stay close to the shore just below the dam. Most days but not this morning (water was too high) there have been a collection of Mallards and a pair of Northern Pintails sometimes mingling with the Redheads.

Later, I went to Stillwater in search of the Barrow's Goldeneye reported by Ron H. but no luck. It's difficult scanning across the river with a scope and even harder to get on the east side. I did manage to make out the drake Redhead on the east side though. Could it be the same one that disappeared at Vischer Ferry?

John H.

Join us on Facebook!