Date: 1/25/18 3:18 pm
From: Dan Murphy <murphsf...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] GGP Geese and Red-necked Grebe
Joan and I birded Spreckles Lake and North Lake this morning.  The recently reported geese were on Spreckles L. There were 4 Greater White-fronted Geese and 1 Snow Goose, 18 Canada Geese and a single Ross's Goose.  No grebe there.  We headed west to North Lake where we saw most of the usual suspects including a Nuttall's Woodpecker.  At the north end of the lake we were looking for one of the diving Buffleheads when what should appear but the Red-necked Grebe.  I assume it's the same bird seen by many others.  It is in 1st winter plumage.  There was nothing else of real interest.
Dan Murphy

Join us on Facebook!