Date: 1/25/18 1:52 pm
From: Chris Chappell <chris.chappell4...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SE AZ: Red Rock Ruddy Ground-Doves and Santa Cruz Flats
Saw 2 Ruddy Ground-Doves in the dirt and adjacent metal fence next to water
tank at NW corner of the feedlot, same area they have been for some days -
at 4 pm Wed Jan 24. Great close view. They were not present late morning.
Also, in the midst of the cattle swarm were 2 ravens with high pitched
voices, rounded tails and a roman nose, I called em Chihuahuan. Prairie
Falcon flew over as I got off the freeway at Red Rock.

Further north, no Lewis Woodpecker at the spot but a flock of 45
White-throated Swift wheeling overhead.

At the former Evergreen turf farm, found a flock of 20 Mountain Plover N of
Pretzer, W of Tweedy, and one with Killdeer a bit further N on Tweedy.
Also, 3 Ferruginous Hawks soaring W of the farm.

Harlan's Red-tailed Hawk was at corner of Greene Res Rd and Curry, where it
has apparently been seen before.

A good day on the flats.
Best birding to you

--
Chris Chappell
Take Flight Birding and Nature Adventures