Date: 1/25/18 5:38 am From: Tim Carney <timmyc83...> Subject: [MDBirding] Snowy Owl Bus Tours at Hart-Miller Island TOMORROW!
My coworker photographed four (!) Snowy Owls roosting together at Hart-Miller Island on Monday. I asked about a bus tour and received approval to lead two bus tours tomorrow (Friday, January 26).
PLEASE READ THE RULES BEFORE SIGNING UP:
- There are two tours: 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Please only sign up for ONE tour. Each tour will last approximately 1-2 hours. To sign up, email tcarn [at] menv [dot] com.
- We will meet and board the boat at 2024A Riverview Rd, Essex, MD 21221.
- If the owls are not present tomorrow morning, THE TOURS WILL BE CANCELED! It would be a shame to put so much effort into NOT seeing the target birds. Check your email tomorrow morning.
- The tours are limited to 20 participants each.
- Participants must be physically able to board a boat and step up onto a tour bus.
- Flexibility is appreciated. Please let me know if you absolutely 100% can only make one of the available times. Otherwise, I will assign you to a tour based on available spots.
- The tours are first come, first serve. I will reserve spots based on the order in which I receive the RSVPs.
- These tours are offered by Maryland Environmental Service (MES) on behalf of Maryland Department of Transportation Maryland Port Administration (MDOT MPA). These tours are not affiliated with any bird club and are open to anyone.
Apologies for the short notice, but I wanted to move quickly in case the owls leave over the weekend.
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html