Date: 1/24/18 10:02 pm
From: Lamont Brown <lamont...>
Subject: [texbirds] Clay, Baylor and Haskell Co CC updates
This past Fri-Sat I birded Clay, Baylor and Haskell Counties as I needed
12-22 species in each to hit the 100 century club mark. I saved the time
until now as I primarily needed winters birds in all three counties. I did
get all three counties, mainly with expected birds. The real surprise of
the trip was three Rose-breasted Grosbeaks immature/females at Miller Shores
Rd on the South side of Lake Arrowhead.

If you had to pick one spot to bird - the North end of Lake Arrowhead
overlook, near the junction of North Park Road and CR 1954 would be the
single best place to bird. It was over-flowing with birds. Other than the
Grosbeaks mentioned above, most were fully expected. But it was a delight to
find all that one would anticipate in these counties.

This is an exhortation to NCTX listers, if you need winter birds in the
afore-mentioned counties, this is a great time to find many of them.

Lamont Brown
Denton

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds

from the List Owner